Tarragon Chicken with Creme Fraiche
- 25 g (1oz) butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 600 ml (1 pint) chicken stock
- 6 tblsp crème fraiche
- 4 tblsp chopped tarragon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- serve with orzo or boiled potatoes
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on a high heat and when foaming, add the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until well browned, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix together well, scrapping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to dislodge any browning pieces and stir them into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the chicken is opaque all the way through.
- Taste for seasoning and serve with boiled new potatoes or orzo.