- 425 g tin apricots
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml rapeseed oil
- 125 g siúcra granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 250 g plain flour
- 45 g potato starch
- 5 g baking powder
- 250 ml milk
- 0 Siúcra Icing Sugar
- Strain all the liquid from the apricots. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks and whites in separate bowls.
- Whisk together - the yolks and oil. Combine the dry ingredients and gradually stir them into the yolk mixture, alternating with the milk. Add the Vanilla Extract.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cake mixture. Divide the mixture between 12 paper cases or greased muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with half an apricot, rounded side upwards. Bake at 175°C (fan oven 150°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Dust lightly with Siúcra icing sugar before serving.
Become a fan on Facebook facebook.com/siucraireland for the latest Siúcra updates.