Siúcra's heart-shaped Salmon en croûte
- 1 roll of puff pastry, chilled
- 200 g fresh-smoked salmon
- 100 ml low-fat crème fraîche
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 50 ml leeks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tblsp dill, chopped
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp siúcra light golden brown sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out two large hearts using a heart-shaped tin or a sharp knife.
- Combine the crème fraîche, mustard, Siúcra brown sugar, eggs, leek and dill.
- Spread the filling onto one of the hearts, leaving a 2 cm margin around the edges.
- Arrange the salmon on top of the filling. Brush the edges of the heart with egg and place the other heart on top.
- Press the edges together firmly to keep the filling from leaking out.
- Bake at 200ºC for about 25 minutes. Serve with a fresh salad.