- 1 pack giant butterfly prawns
- 10 slices of parma ham
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic (very finely chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (finely chopped or grated)
- 0.5 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- Defrost and peel prawns.
- Mix together lemon juice, zest, thyme, garlic, black pepper and sea salt in a bowl. Add olive oil and stir well.
- Lay out 10 slices of Parma ham, place a prawn at the top of each one and then roll-up.
- Pre-heat a frying pan on medium heat, add a little oil and fry the prawns for three minutes on each side.
- Add the white wine to the pan and allow to bubble for one minute, scraping up from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the lemon and thyme mix and cook for a further 30 seconds. Pour over the prawns and serve.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and rice