- 4 mackerel fillets, have your fish monger give you butterfly fillets, pin boned
- taco seasoning
- seasoning i.e. salt and pepper (as required)
- tomato relish/chutney
- salad leaves, example, rocket leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, place the flower and add the taco seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Toss the filleted mackerel in the flour mix, front and back being sure to coat both sides generously.
- In a large hot frying pan, fry the mackerel in the olive oil until it is a golden brown (approx. 1 to 1½ minutes on both sides), the fish fillet starts to close together. Season to taste.
- Coat the bap or burger bun in mayonnaise and put a couple of fillets in each.
- Serve each burger in a floury bap/burger bun with the tomato chutney and The mixed salad leaves, e.g. Rocket leaves.