Baileys custard creme brulée
- 350 ml pouring cream
- 75 ml milk
- 25 ml bailey's
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 g caster sugar
- 0.5 vanilla pod
- Put the cream, milk, Bailey's and vanilla into a small saucepan and bring it to the boil. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until they are light and creamy.
- Pour the boiled cream in on the whisked eggs and sugar and whisk well until properly combined. Strain and remove the vanilla pod
- Allow to rest for a few minutes until the froth settles or alternatively scoop the froth off.
- Choose 4 ramekins (or flat brulee dishes) and carefully pour the egg custard into the ramekins
- Place the ramekins in a deep roasting tray and fill it with water about 1/3 way up the side of the ramekins.
- Bake for approx 40 - 45 minutes until set but still retaining a slight wobble. (100°C)
- Refrigerate until set for minimum 6 hours.
- Glaze with a little brown sugar and then pop them under the grill or glaze with a chef’s blowtorch and serve.