Seared T-bone pork with apple cider sauce
- pork chop
- 150 g apple
- 5 g ginger
- 20 g caster sugar
- 1 shallot
- 1 slice bread]pinch oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- garlic flowers
- 3 brown mushrooms
- mushroom 5g
- 5 g white flat mushroom
- 1 lemon
- garlic flowers, sage flowers
- 5 g fennel seed
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 75 ml apple cider
- Render fat to get 50ml. Add finely chopped apple and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and oregano - refrigerate. When serving add to slice of toast from baguette.
- Add 50g apple, 1 piece ginger, 20g of caster sugar and some water- cook through- keep warm
- Fry ½ shallot in some vegetable oil, add bay leaf, oregano. Add 75ml cider, boil off alcohol and then add chicken stock. Reduce. Whisk in butter before serving
- Boil white wine vinegar with green chilli. Add mushrooms for 30 seconds. Remove and drain.
- Boil sweet potatoes, drain, purée, add lemon, butter, cream and season.
- Fry 3 pieces of brown mushroom in vegetable oil- keep warm.
- Flash pork on both sides till browned-put in cool oven 65°-70°c- until meat reaches temp. Rest under foil for 7-8minutes - carve and serve.
- Plate up - garnish with garlic and sage flowers.
- Season to taste.