Scallops with celeriac puree and asparagus
- scallops – one per portion
- asparagus spears
- fish stock
- lemon juice
- Chop the celeriac into small pieces.
- Fry some butter in a saucepan.
- When butter is sizzling add the celeriac and sweat but do not colour.
- Add the stock and simmer, reduce by half then add cream and simmer until reduced by half again
- Place them in a blender and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice + blend. Then put through sieve.
- Sear asparagus on a griddle pan until al dente.
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 2 minutes and then refresh them in cold water.
- Sear scallops in butter for 2 minutes on each side, season to taste.
- Place 2 spoons of purée on the plate. Top with one scallop and asparagus spears on each side with couple of peas.