Cauliflower Soup, smoked haddock, hazelnuts and spring leaf
- 1 fillet of undyed smoked haddock
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- truffle oil
- mixed affila cress
- 25 g blanched hazelnuts
- white pepper
- 10 g butter
- 50 ml cream
- 100 ml full fat milk
- 1 small white onion
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots and salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower finely shredded, stir to combine, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer and cook until cauliflower is tender to the bite, about 10 minutes.
- Purée soup with a hand-held blender and pass through sieve back into saucepan.
- Stir in truffle oil and cream to reach right consistency. Season to taste.
- Toast hazelnuts in oven and grind in food processor.
- Heat milk in sauté pan with sliced white onion and add haddock fillet. Sauté over low heat for 5 minutes until opaque.
- To serve: Reheat soup. Warm soup terrine under hot water. Place hazelnut on base with cress leaves. Place haddock on top. Place soup in warm jug.