- 650 g fresh seasonal berry mix equal amounts of blueberries/ raspberries/ strawberries.
- 500 ml chilled cava.
- 100 g caster sugar.
- 4 tblsp gelatine powder
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves.
- 4 tblsp water
- Warm 100ml of Cava in a saucepan over a low heat, add in the caster sugar and mint leaves.
- Ensure the remainder of the Cava is kept in the fridge to cool for later.
- Place the pan off the heat, remove the mint leaves and allow the syrup to cool.
- While cooling, sponge the gelatine by bringing a small pan of water to a fast boil.
- While the water is boiling, place the gelatine and 4tbsp of water into a small bowl.
- Take the pan off the heat and place the bowl with gelatine over the boiled water to dissolve completely.
- Once completely dissolved, add the gelatine to the syrup and ensure the two are completely dissolved.
- Divide the freshly washed and hulled berries evenly into 6-8 medium Martini glasses filling half way.
- Pour the remaining very chilled Cava onto the cooled gelatine mixture.
- Gently pour this mixture into the Martini glasses. Note: If the Cava is not chilled, you will loose your fizz!
- Transfer the glasses to a fridge and leave for a a few hours until the jelly has set, I recommend overnight.
- Serve with some softly whipped cream or a dollop of Crème fraîche.
- Decorate with a few sprigs of mint or sweet Cicely.
- Place remaining syrup and fruit into a large dessert bowl and place in the fridge.
- This will keep for up to a week so you can enjoy your midweek movie with a nice serving of Cava jelly!
The gelatine in this recipe requires overnight cooling.