- 15 g flora light
- 2 leeks, sliced and washed
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 0.5 cup cashew nuts
- 650 ml low salt vegetable stock
- 250 ml low fat milk or rice milk
- juice of ½ lemon
- fresh nutmeg
- Trim the broccoli stalks and roughly chop. Separate the rest into florets.
- Gently heat the Flora Light in a large pot. Cook the leeks and broccoli stalks for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts, stock and milk and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Blitz with a hand held blender to a smooth consistency.
- Season with nutmeg, lemon juice and salt and pepper if desired.
Soup forms an integral part of French cuisine. Not only does soup whet the appetite and wake up the tastebuds for further courses, it has been shown to help aid weightloss when enjoyed as a lunch option. Having soup for lunch aids satiety and curbs calorific afternoon snacking. Science has proven what svelte French women have always known! This is a deceptively creamy, very moreish soup when you need to 'lighten up'.