Chicken Glass Noodle Salad
- 150g thin glass noodles
- peanut oil
- 1 breast of chicken
- 2 chilli peppers (one red, one green, seeded and chopped)
- juice of half a lime
- nam pla (thai fish sauce)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 shallots
- bunch of coriander
- 2 'little gem' lettuces
- 2 shallots fried crisply
- 150 g medium prawns (optional)
- Begin placing the noodles in tepid water to allow to soften. Leave for around 15 minutes. Drain and leave to cool in fridge.
- Skin the chicken and chop into bite-size pieces. Sauté in a pan in the peanut oil, and when almost cooked, add the prawns if desired. Season and remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Now prepare the dressing by mixing the chillis with the lime juice, a splash of Nam Pla, the sugar, chopped shallots and coriander.
- Add the cooked chicken to this followed by the noodles and mix until they are coated completely.
- Shred the lettuce and serve the noodles on top of this. Garnish with shallots which have been thinly-sliced and crisply fried in the peanut oil.