Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Zest
- 250 g or a bag of sprouts
- 200 g pre-cooked chestnuts (you can get these in the supermarket, they come vacuum packed)
- handful of walnuts
- zest of half an orange
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tblsp olive oil or whatever oil you have
- pinch of salt
- Chop your sprouts in halves or quarters.
- Boil them for 4-5 minutes or steam them for about the same amount of time depending on size.
- Toast your walnuts in a pan or pop them in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients adding in your orange zest, lemon juice, enough olive oil to cover them and a pinch of salt.
- This dish is lovely warm so pop them in the oven before you serve for a few minutes.