- 4 small chicken breast portions (very thinly sliced)
- 1 iceberg lettuce head
- 4 carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch spring onions (sliced thinly on the diagonal)
- zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 pinch died chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tblsp fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- In a bowl mix together the rice wine vinegar, reduced salt soy sauce, lemon zest, caster sugar, chilli flakes and black pepper, then set to one side.
- Over a medium heat, in a large frying pan heat the olive oil and cook the spring onions until softened. Add the carrot and chicken and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes making sure the chicken is well coated with all of the flavours.
- Pour over the rice wine mixture and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour out into a large serving bowl and sprinkle over the coriander.
- Separate the lettuce leaves, wash well, dry and place on a large platter.
Sally's tips: Let everyone help themselves and build their own wraps to form a little parcel! This is a great low fat alternative to Chinese spring rolls. These have about ¼ of the calories of Chinese spring rolls. Use a vegetable stir fry mix for vegetarians