Seared Cod, bean and sausage Stew
- 200 g beans of your choice, soak overnight in water (you can also use tinned)
- 1 l chicken stock
- 1 carrot
- a few sprigs thyme (dried will also do)
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 onion
- knob of butter
- chopped parsley
- 1 whole sausage (about 200g)
- 200 g cod
- 25 g butter
- 0.5 lemon juice
- Soak the dried beans overnight, butter beans would be great in this recipe but any beans will do.
- Drain the beans and cover with the chicken stock. Add the carrot, onion, garlic and thyme and cook slowly at a low heat for about and hour and a half.
- After about 40 minutes add in the sausage whole for more flavour.
- Seal off the cod and baste with 25g of butter. Cook it for 5 minutes until cooked and deglaze the pan with lemon juice. You can also add this to the pot.
- Add it to the stew at the end and finish with a knob of butter, some chopped parsley and salt and pepper.