Heston Blumenthal's Seabass with vanilla butter and tossed salad
- 2 fillets of seabass
- dash of oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 vanilla pods
- 125 g unsalted butter
- Half the vanilla pods lengthways and scrap out the seeds.
- Mix the butter and the seeds using a hand blender.
- Roll into a log and wrap in parchment paper or put it in a bowl. Keep it in the fridge until you need it.
- Cover the bottom of a pan in some oil and let it heat up.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and place it skin side down on the pan.
- Turn it after 90 seconds and place a dish on top to stop it from curling.
- Flip the fish after 60 seconds and remove from the pan and pop it onto your plate.
- Pop some of the vanilla butter on top of the fish and let it melt.
- Serve with a nice crisp salad or some baby potatoes.