Grilled Brill (or Turbot) with Crab Sauce
- 1 kg brill or turbot
- 300 ml (half pint) milk
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25 g butter
- for the sauce:
- 1 crab's flesh (or 100g frozen crab meat, thawed)
- 3 tblsp cream
- bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- milk, in which the fish has cooked
- If you don't have a fish kettle, use a roasting tin and lay the fish in it.
- Pour the milk over and add the bay leaves and season.
- Dot the butter over the fish and simmer it on top of the cooker over a low to medium heat, gently, for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: mix the cream, crabmeat and parsley together in a bowl.
- When the fish is cooked through, pour the liquid from the fish into the bowl.
- Discard the bay leaves and pour the sauce into a pan, heating it gently but not allowing it to boil.
- Place the fish on a platter and pour the sauce over. Serve at once.