Grilled Fillets of Plaice with Crab Butter
- 2 large plaice fillets
- 100 g butter
- 100 g crabmeat (frozen and thawed, or tinned)
- ½ lemon (juice)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt 25g/1oz of the butter and use it to brush the upper sides of the fillets.
- Put them in a greased baking tray (skin side down) under a preheated grill, and brown them for 5 – 8 minutes, or until the flesh is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the crab butter this way: add the crabmeat to the remaining butter, the lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Combine them well.
- About half a minute before the cooking time is over, divide the crab butter mixture in half and place on top of each fillet.
- Return to the grill until the crab butter is half melted, and serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.