Fillets of Lemon Sole with Prawns
- 40 g butter
- 6 spring onions (shallots/scallions, finely chopped)
- 150 g mushrooms (chopped)
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 200 g prawns (cooked and peeled)
- 150 g feta cheese
- 8 lemon sole fillets
- 40 g extra butter (melted)
- juice of half lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- a couple of pinches paprika
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F/Gas 4).
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the breadcrumbs, prawns and two thirds of the cheese.
- Divide the prawn filling between the sole fillets and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a single layer in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Melt the rest of the butter, mix it with the lemon juice and drizzle over the fillets.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, then the chopped parsley and the paprika.
- Return the dish to the oven for about 10 minutes, when the cheese will have been melted.
- Serve with plain vegetables and a salad.