Creamy Crab with Mango Coriander and a Hint of Chilli
- 150 g cooked white crab meat
- 1 tblsp low fat mayonnaise or crème fraiche
- 1 tblsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 small ripe mango
- 0.5 red onion (very finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp chopped coriander
- 0.5 red chilli or chilli flakes
- pinch of sugar
- lemon or lime juice to taste
- 5 crab claws to garnish
- Peel and chop the mango into very small dice.
- Remove the seeds from the chilli (if using fresh chilli) and chop very finely.
- Mix together the mango, chopped onion, coriander, chilli, sugar and citrus juice. Chill.
- Flake the crab meat and remove any pieces of shell - mix in the mayonnaise and citrus juice. Season to taste.
- Place a chef's ring on a serving plate and put a layer of the mango salsa on the base.
- Next place a layer of the creamy crab on top of the mango, remove the ring.
- Garnish with a piece of lemon or lime and a crab claw.