- 0.5 red cabbage (cored and shredded)
- 2 red onions (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 50 g plump golden jumbo sultanas or dried cranberries
- 2 pears or 1 cooking apple (cored and chopped)
- 4 tblsp cider vinegar
- 4 tblsp brown sugar
- 4 floz water
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC/Gas 4).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer into a greased casserole dish and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 2 hours until cabbage is very soft. This may be served hot or cold and can be reheated very successfully. It may also be frozen.