Gurnard with Glazed Carrots, Lime Butter and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 4 (200g each) portions gurnard
- 700 g carrots (thinly sliced)
- 60 g butter for carrots
- 1 tblsp sugar
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- large handful pine nuts (toasted)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 30 g butter
- sea salt and pepper
- oil for cooking
- For the Carrots:
- Peel and slice carrots at an angle.
- Heat a pan and melt some butter with the sugar.
- Add the carrots to the pan of melted butter with a little drop of water.
- Cook the carrots for approximately 6 minutes or until tender.
- To Cook the Fish:
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Dip the fish in the seasoned flour and tap off the excess.
- Fry the fish until golden brown; this should take approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the cooked fish from the pan and set aside on a warm plate ready to serve.
- For the Lime Butter and Toasted Pine Nuts:
- Add the pine nuts to the hot pan and toast.
- Add some lime zest, a knob of butter and some lime juice and heat through.
- Serve the fish with the carrots and a drizzle of the sauce.