Soft Boiled Eggs and Smoked Salmon Bagels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bagels
- butter, for spreading
- 200 g packet smoked salmon slices
- 2 tblsp crème fraîche
- a little salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh chives (chopped)
- Place the eggs in a small pan of water and boil for 5 minutes, then drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water. Set aside for 10 minutes as this will make them much easier to peel.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cut the bagels in half and arrange on a grill rack. Cook for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Spread with a little butter.
- Place the toasted bagel halves on warmed plates and ruffle the smoked salmon slices on top. Add half a tablesp. of crème fraîche.
- Shell the eggs and cut each one in half, then arrange on top of the smoked salmon and crème fraîche. Season lightly and sprinkle with the chives to serve.