- 200 g plain flour
- 150 g porridge oats
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 g flora buttery
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly grease them with a little more Flora Buttery.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir through with a metal spoon.
- In a separate bowl cream together the Flora Buttery and sugar til its nice and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir some more. Add the egg and beat the mix til light and fluffy. Stir through the blueberries.
- Add the dry flour-oats mixture about one quarter at a time. Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon dessertful-sized drops onto the baking trays (you’ll probably have to do 2 trays at a time – 4 trays in total). Bake for around 12-13 minutes – til golden. Leave to rest on the trays for another 5 minutes or so… then gently lift onto wire racks to fully cool.
Flora tips: Add nearer 2 tsp cinnamon if you like it – or use all-spice or ground nutmeg. You could also add about 150g chocolate chunks – white chocolate works especially well. Or go all-American and replace the blueberries with raisins for traditional oat-raisin cookies. For more heart healthy recipes check out www.florahearts.ie