Healthy Singapore Noodles
- for the singapore noodles:
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- a thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 tblsp oyster sauce
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tblsp sunflower oil
- 2 celery sticks (finely sliced)
- 1 carrot (finely sliced)
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tblsp asian curry powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- a good handful of bean sprouts
- Marinate the celery, carrot, spring onions with the garlic, ginger, 15ml/1 tablespoon of soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Soak the noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 6 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil to coat. Add the celery, carrot and spring onion, and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and toss through for another 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and bean sprouts and a drop of sesame oil to taste. Using kitchen tongs, toss everything together until it's combined. Serve straight away.