- for salt caramel:
- 22 g glucose
- 135 g sugar
- 75 g cream
- 0.5 tsp rock salt
- 12 g diced butter
- for chocolate ganache:
- 225 g chocolate
- 250 g cream
- 0.5 tsp honey
- for espresso ice cream:
- 550 ml milk
- 550 ml cream
- 287 g caster
- 287 g egg yolk
- 2 shots of espresso
- Bring sugar and glucose to dark caramel.
- Whisk in cream and salt then whisk in the butter.
- Method For Chocolate Ganache:
- Bring cream to the boil and add in the chocolate and honey.
- Then mix this into the caramel and strain.
- Pour 1 tbsp of caramel into each pastry case then mix with the chocolate.
- When the caramel has set pour in the mixed caramel and chocolate ganache on top and leave to set.
- Method For Espresso Ice Cream:
- Bring milk, cream and half the sugar to the boil.
- Whisk the sugar and yolks together, then pour in the boiling milk mix onto the egg and sugar, pour back into a clean pan and stir with a wooden spoon to 83 degrees C.
- Pour in the espresso and strain.
- Leave to cool and then churn.
Roll out the pastry between two grease proof sheets of paper before placing in the fridge to rest. Always use chocolate above 70% coco for cooking as it gives you better results. Never place cooked pastry in the fridge as it will go soggy automatically - store in a cool dry place.