- 2 kg periwinkles
- 5 g chopped thyme
- 200 ml white wine
- 10 g chopped wild garlic
- 1 bowl wild garlic pesto for dipping
- In a hot pot place the wine, thyme and garlic.
- Bring to the boil and add the winkles (wash well before use).
- Place on a tight fitting lid and continue to boil for 4 minutes. The shell should be open when cooked. If a few of them remain close while all the rest are open, discard the closed winkles.
- Once cooked strain and place directly into the serving dish.
- Serve the garlic pesto along side for dipping along with tooth picks to help your guests remove the meat from the shell.
Richie's tip: Be sure to have napkins at the ready, this is a messy job but these little morsels are well worth the effort!