Seared John Dory with Spicy Chickpeas and Chorizo and Orange Crème Fraiche
- 4 fillets john dory
- 1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnight) and boiled for 30 minutes
- 0.25 tsp cumin powder
- 0.25 tsp cardamom powder
- 0.5 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 0.25 tsp fennel seed powder
- 0.25 tsp coriander powder
- 1 shallot (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved and dried)
- juice of half a lemon
- 50 ml olive oil
- bunch of basil (handful, shredded)
- 2 tblsp diced chorizo
- 2 tblsp tomato sauce
- 1 orange (segmented and keep juice)
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- Heat a large pan over moderate heat. Add the olive oil and sweat off the shallot and garlic for 30 seconds. Add chorizo and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all spices and cook for 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chick peas and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes; add basil and lemon juice.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a little vegetable oil and cook fillets of John Dory for 2 minutes each side; season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix orange segments and crème fraiche together and add half the juice.