Cream of Watercress Soup with Poached Egg and Horseradish Cream
- 4 eggs (for poaching)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 4 potatoes (peeled & diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 100 g butter
- 200 g fresh watercress
- 1 l chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tblsp whipped cream
- For the Poached Eggs:
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to simmering point.
- Gently break the eggs into the saucepan, one at a time.
- Cook for 1 minute, then take the saucepan off the heat.
- Allow the eggs to sit in the water for 6 minutes. This gives a translucent egg with a soft, creamy yolk.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- For the Horseradish Cream:
- Mix both the cream and grated horseradish together.
- For the Soup:
- Slowly sweat the onion, potato and garlic in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add the watercress and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise and add the cream.
- Serve with poached egg and dressing.