- 4 large hand dived scallops (unsoaked)
- 1 tea spoon of grated ginger
- 1 tea spoon of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 1 cup peeled soya beans ( edamame )
- 1 tblsp sake
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tblsp sliced chorizo
- 1 cup picked rocket
- Using a heavy-bottom searing pan, heat the pan add a little olive oil season the scallops with salt and pepper and place presentation side down on the pan, cook for a minute until golden on one side, turn over for 10 seconds and remove from the pan and onto a plate and hold.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, deglaze the pan with the sake, add the chorizo and the soya beans and soya bean puree, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the soya sauce and the coconut milk, check the seasoning, take off the heat and add the rocket and then drop the scallops back into the pan, warm for 30 seconds and serve.
Conrad's tips: Substitute the scallops with prawns of calamari.If you don’t like chorizo or you’re a vegetarian add extra rocket or other baby greens. If you don’t like coconut milk you could add extra soy sauce and a spoon of yogurt.