Chargrilled Beef with Tarty, Caper Dressed, Wild Irish Salad
- for the beef:
- rump roast (cut into two large pieces, cook to your liking)
- salt and pepper
- for the wild irish salad:
- 2 tblsp capers
- 3 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 4 scallions (peeled)
- 5 anchovies
- rape seed oil
- chick weed (washed and dried)
- flat leaf parsley (washed and dried)
- (any selection of leaves can be used in this recipe)
- For the Beef:
- We used rump as a more economical and flavoursome alternative to fillet steak.
- We used an open wood ember grill built by the scouts of Clough Jordan.
- Season the meat well and put on the grill to cook. Turn occasionally.
- When the meat is cooked allow the meat to stand for 15 minutes.
- For the Wild Irish Salad:
- Finely chop the capers, garlic, scallions and anchovies on a board.
- Put the salad leaves in a bowl and sprinkle caper mix into the bowl.
- Dress the salad with some rapeseed oil - this simply means pour some oil over the salad and mix around.
- Serve with the chargrilled rump steak.