Pears Poached in Cider with Fresh Berries
- 1 l cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 4-6 pears (peeled, cored and quartered)
- irish honey (to flavour)
- berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Reduce the cider by half in a large saucepan.
- Add the pears into the cider with the cinnamon, honey and cloves. Poach over a gentle heat (poach for about 10 minutes until the pears are soft).
- Take the pears out and put into a large container.
- At this point you may add more honey to the cider and reduce down further if you like - this step is optional.
- Pour the cider stock syrup over the pears and allow to cool naturally.
- Add the berries to the pears and mix through.
- Serve with frozen natural yoghurt.