Seared Dublin Bay Prawns with Clonakilty Black Pudding, Cauliflower & Root Vegetable Dressing
- 20 dublin bay prawn tails (shelled & de-veined)
- 4 slices clonakilty black pudding
- 150 g cauliflower florets
- 2 shallots (peeled & finely diced)
- 100 g peeled & diced carrot
- 50 ml cider vinegar
- 50 ml rape seed oil
- 1 tblsp parsley
- 25 ml cider
- 50 g baby capers
- 50 g sea asparagus
- Brown black pudding on pan or grill, keep warm.
- In a warm large frying pan melt butter and 25ml rapeseed oil, sauté prawns on both sides 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove.
- Blanch cauliflower, diced carrot and sea asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, refresh with cold water.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl; cider vinegar, rapeseed oil and cider, add in remaining ingredients; cauliflower, carrots, shallots, sea asparagus, apple, parsley and baby capers. Season to taste.
- Place black pudding in centre of plate. Place 5 prawns around each pudding.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- You could serve apple sauce/cauliflower purée with this dish.