Dublin Bay Prawns in Garlic Butter
- 6 oz peeled dublin bay prawns
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 1 dash of tabasco
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- a little chopped parsley
- a little olive oil (seasoning)
- Finely chop the garlic and soak half in the oil. Brush the prawns with this.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a sauté pan over a low heat until smoking.
- Add the prawns and cook slowly, removing any that disintegrate or crumble (it happens!). Keep warm.
- In a clean sauté pan, add the wine, lemon juice and Tabasco and reduce by 50% and then add the butter.
- Continue to swirl over a low heat until the butter melts into a smooth consistency.
- Add the garlic, parsley and prawns. Serve in an individual dish.