Steamed Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion
- 1 whole sea bass (weighing about 675g/1.5lb)
- 1 tblsp salt
- 5cm/2" piece of ginger (peeled)
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tblsp oil
- Gut and scale the fish. Rub it all over with the salt and then rinse. Slit a diamond lattice of cuts on both sides to let flavours and heat penetrate the flesh.
- Slice the ginger into matchstick strips. Slice the spring onions finely. Chop the coriander.
- Line the cavity of the fish with half the spring onions and half the ginger and place it on a plate.
- Set this over a high heat in a bamboo steamer and steam the fish for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the steamer, put on a serving plate and pour the soy sauce over it.
- In a hot wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the remaining ginger until aromatic. Sprinkle this over the fish.
- Garnish with the coriander and remaining spring onions.