Fillet of Venison with Honey Roasted Root Vegetables - Potato Fondant and Mustard Jus
- 4 venison fillets
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 4 large parsnips
- 50 ml gravy
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tblsp honey
- 50 g butter
- Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut length ways, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until soft when touched.
- For the Venison, cook in a hot frying pan with a little oil and butter and cook 2 minutes on all sides leaving it medium.
- For the potato fondants cut the potatoes and place in a small sauce pan with butter and cook very slowly on both sides until soft in the centre.
- To finish put one small teaspoon of mustard in the gravy and spoon over the meat.