- sweet paste ingredients:
- 1 kg flour
- 500 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 300 g icing sugar
- 15 g salt
- mincemeat ingredients:
- 100 g raisins, sultanas, currents and apricots
- 3 small apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 tblsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tblsp rum and brandy
- For the sweet paste cream the butter and eggs together, then add all the dry ingredients and kneed to dough. Leave to rest in the fridge for one hour before rolling.
- For the mincemeat put the raisins, sultanas, currents and apricots and blend in a food processor for 10 seconds.
- Coarsely grate the apples and add them to the dried fruit along with the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and alcohol.
- Blend again for another 20 seconds.
- Roll the sweet paste to approximately 3mm thick and line the inside of the pie casing. Spoon in the mincemeat mixture and cover with another peace of sweet paste and bake for 190°C for 15mins.