Croissant Frits with Blackcurrants and Orange
- 3 croissants (halved across the middle)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tblsp sugar
- 60 ml milk
- 1 tin of blackcurrants
- 0.5 orange (zest and juice)
- 4 tblsp crème fraiche
- butter for frying
- Mix eggs, milk and 1 tbs sugar together. Set aside.
- Drain juice off the blackcurrants and add the orange juice and the remaining sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the orange zest into the crème fraîche. Set aside.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Dip the croissant slices into the egg mix and soak for 30 seconds.
- Fry the croissant slices in the butter until golden brown and turn. Fry for a further minute.
- Remove from the pan and top with the blackcurrants and some orange crème fraiche. Serve with a wedge of orange (to cleanse your palate when finished).