Warm Beef Salad Thai style
- 450 g broccoli
- 500 g iceberg lettuce
- 1 fennel (approx 300g)
- 2 celery sticks (approx 150g)
- 250 g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 leek (150g)
- 4 fillet steaks of 120g each
- salad dressing:
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 cm of ginger (grated)
- 30 ml fish sauce
- 2 tsp artificial sweetener (splenda)
- 0.25 tsp red curry paste
- juice of 1 lime
- 30 ml orange juice
- Steam the broccoli for 5 min and remove when still crunchy.
- While broccoli is steaming wash and cut the iceberg lettuce, fennel, leek and celery into thin pieces.
- Cook the fillet steaks until medium in a non-stick frying pan using a small amount of oil (use spray oil).
- Divide the lettuce and the rest of the ingredients between the four individual serving dishes and cut the fillet steaks in thin strips and place on the top of the other ingredients.
- Prepare the salad dressing. Let everybody sprinkle their own salad dressing as it is strong but full of flavour!