Chocolate Amaretto & Coffee Fool with Crushed meringues
- coffee essence:
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 225 g single cream
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 600 ml double cream
- 2 egg whites, optional (see note)
- 2 individual meringues (or meringue nests)
- 2-3 tbsp amaretto
- 100 ml hot water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 ml espresso coffee (optional)
- Heat the single cream till it is hot, take of heat, add chocolate and mix till chocolate had been infused. Add the amaretto and mix, leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream until softly whipped and light and fluffy.
- If using, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Crush the meringues into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients together for the coffee mixture, leave to cool. In a bowl, add the whipped cream and fold in the cool coffee mixture, then add half of the chocolate mixture.
- Finally, fold in the egg whites if using and the crushed meringues.
- With half of the chocolate mixture, add 1tblsp into the bottom of each glass.
- Spoon the fool into glasses and serve straight away.