Haggis, Neeps and Tatties
- 1 haggis (raw or cooked) you can order from your butcher, or online
- 2 turnips (peeled and chopped)
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 0.5 onion (finely diced)
- 0.5 onion (peeled and studded with cloves)
- 0.5 cup buttermilk
- 0.5 cup cream
- 50 g butter
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot place the haggis in some water and cover.
- Add the bay leaves, and studded onion.
- If the haggis is cooked, simmer for 20 minutes to heat through.
- If the haggis is raw, simmer for 1-11/2 hours depending on size.
- Be sure not to boil the haggis as this will cause it to burst.
- Remove from pot and serve immediately.
- For the Neeps and Tatties:
- Cook the turnip in water, when cooked crush with a fork.
- Add cream and seasoning.
- Cook the potato in water and when cooked crush with a fork.
- Add the buttermilk and diced onion.
- To Serve:
- Slit the top of the haggis parcel and top with a knob of butter, serve with the neeps and tatties on the side.