Quesadilla Filled with Fennel Mash
- 2 ready made large tortillas
- 1 fennel (approx. 200g)
- 1 small onion (approx. 100g)
- 100 ml low fat milk
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 0.5 vegetable stock cube
- pinch of salt
- 50 g low fat cheese grated (no more than 300kcal for 100g)
- Cut fennel into half rounds, and dice onion finely.
- Spray oil a heated non-stick pan. Add fennel, onion, vegetable stock cube, salt, soy sauce and low fat milk.
- Cover with lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When fennel is nearly cooked, heat a large non-stick pan (preferably with a lid) to medium high heat.
- Take one large flour tortilla and place it in the pan. Spread the fennel mash evenly over the tortilla but keeping the edge free from the mash though avoiding over spilling on the pan itself.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle evenly over the fennel mash.
- Take the other tortilla and place over the cheese and fennel mash and slightly squeeze so that the tortilla will stick to the cheese. Cover the pan with a lid to keep the heat inside.
- When the bottom tortilla has become lightly brown, with the use of the spatula flip it over so that the other side has a chance to heat up.
- When both sides are light brown move to a serving dish and cut in four
- Serve 2 quarters with a bowl of filler soup and keep the other two for your lunch for the following day and serve with a fresh green salad.