Slow Baked Banana Shallots with Wild Mushrooms and Pickled Beetroot
- 4 banana shallots
- 500 g wild mushrooms
- 2 large beetroots
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 100 g red chard
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- Place the banana shallots in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for 45 minutes until tender.
- Fry the mushrooms in butter with garlic and thyme. When cooked strain off excess the fat, add the chicken stock boil and blend in a food processor until a smooth puree.
- For the beetroot, juice one beetroot and dice the other into 1cm cubes.
- Cook the cubes in the beetroot juice with the balsamic vinegar and refrigerate when cooked.
- To Serve:
- Cut the top from the shallot, remove the inside and chop and mix with the mushroom puree.
- When mixed refill the shallot skin and serve with the pickled beetroot and dressed red chard.