- 2 large carrots (peeled)
- 1/2 large onion (peeled)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 parsnip
- 1/2 turnip
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 l vegetable stock
- 1 rounded teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- The first and perhaps hardest task is to prepare all of the vegetables.
- Peel the relevant vegetables and dice them all into small dice and set aside.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat a large saucepan with a drizzle of oil. Add in the crushed garlic and diced vegetables and sauté gently for 8-10 minutes.
- The chilli flakes can be added at this stage also if you are using them.
- Next mix in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture gently to the boil.
- Season the soup at this stage.
- Reduce the soup to a gentle simmer and cook until all of the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of flat leaf parsley.
Kevin's tip: If you wish you could blitz this soup and make it a pureed soup if you would prefer