Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup
- 0.5 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 1 jar red peppers or just 2 red peppers
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt and black pepper
- handful fresh parsley, chopped 2 mild chilies
- double cream (optional)
- Firstly, sauté the onion and garlic and then add the tinned tomatoes and red peppers.
- Bring to a simmer and add the stock. Bring to the boil and then gently simmer for four to five minutes, before placing in the blender.
- Blend to a smooth soup. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the pan to warm through and serve immediately scattered with the parsley and a swirl of double cream, if using.