Tofu French Toast with Maple Syrup and Warmed Berries
- 8 slices of country white sourdough bread (or other semi-firm country style brown or white bread)
- 2 6oz cubes of tofu
- 1 dsp soy sauce
- 2 floz water
- sunflower oil for frying
- organic maple syrup
- a bowl of mixed soft berries of your choice (eg. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Place the tofu, water, soy sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Check the seasoning.
- Pour into a flat based dish with a rim.
- Halve the slices of bread.
- Pour some oil into a frying pan and heat. 2 at a time dip the slices of bread into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Place in the frying pan, frying 4 at a time.
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Repeat until all the slices have been coated and fried.
- Place the berries into a pot with 2 dessertspoons of maple syrup and 1 dessertspoons of water.
- Over a medium heat warm through allowing some of the fruit to go mushy.
- Place the tofu French toast on a plate,
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve the warmed fruits along side.