Seared Halibut with Picked Girolles and Spicy Pak Choy
- 4 x fillet halibut
- 100 g girolle mushrooms (or any mushrooms, cleaned)
- 100 ml chardonnay vinaigrette
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 diced shallots
- 2 tblsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- for the spicy pak choy:
- 4 heads of pak choy (blanched)
- 2 red chillies (de-seeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 diced shallot
- 50 ml soy sauce
- For the Dressing:
- In a hot pan sauté the mushrooms and leave them to cool.
- Mix the vinegar, oil, shallots and herbs.
- Add mushrooms and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- For the Spicy Pak Choy:
- In a hot pan, sauté the shallots, garlic, ginger and chillies for one minute.
- Add the lemon and sugar.
- Add the pak choy and soy sauce.
- For the Halibut:
- In a hot oiled pan sear the halibut on both sides for two to three minutes each side.