White Chocolate Mousse with Black Pepper and Fresh Mint
- 280 g white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tblsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh mint leaves (6 finely sliced, 6 for decoration)
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water to melt. Make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- When the chocolate has melted, stand the bowl on a cold surface to cool down slightly.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and whisk* until soft peaks form.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cream in the melted chocolate and gently fold together, the fold the chocolate mixture into the rest of the cream.
- At the end, gently fold in the black pepper and the chopped mint.
- Share the mixture between 6 tall champagne glasses (capacity of about 70ml)
- Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes, then serve decorated with mint leaves.