Orange and Panacotta with Orange and Cointreau Glazed Figs
- for the orange panacotta:
- 600 g cream
- 300 g whipped cream
- 50 g sugar
- 4 leaves gelatine
- zest of 1 orange
- for the orange and cointreau syrup:
- 200 ml orange juice
- 1-2 measures of cointreau
- 100 g sugar
- 4 figs
- For the Panacotta:
- Heat the cream, orange zest and sugar.
- Soak in the gelatine in cold water.
- When cream comes to the boil, remove from the heat.
- Remove the gelatine from water first and squeeze off excess water.
- Add gelatine to heated cream.
- Leave to cool, but not to set.
- When cool, pour into moulds and leave to set in the fridge.
- For the Orange and Cointreau Syrup:
- Place all ingredients on heat & leave until it reaches syrup consistency.
- Add figs and coat until glazed.
- To Serve:
- Heat the moulds under a hot tap for a few seconds and turn onto a plate.
- Then place glazed figs around panacotta and some of the orange syrup also.