Sweetcorn Fritters and Tomato Salsa
- sweetcorn fritters:
- 50 g corn kernels
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 25 ml milk
- oil for frying
- a pinch of baking soda
- tomato salsa:
- 2 plum tomatoes (blanched, deseeded and chopped)
- 1 shallot
- 10 g chilli (red)
- 10 g coriander
- 20 ml olive oil
- Sweetcorn Fritters:
- Mix the flour, eggs and baking soda to a paste.
- Slowly add milk and then corn kernels. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook in a hot non-stick frying pan for 1 minute on each side.
- Assemble on a plate with spicy tomato salsa and salad.
- Tomato Salsa:
- Blanche, de-seed and chop plum tomatoes.
- Chop shallots finely.
- Roughly chop coriander.
- De-seed chilli and finely chop chilli.
- Mix all ingredients with Olive Oil and season.
- To Assemble Dish:
- Place some salad leaves at 12 o'clock, 2 corn fritters at 6 o'clock and drizzle salsa around the plate.